28 December 2011

2011 was not the best year ever for Marmorkrebs research

If last year could be seen as a breakout year for Marmorkrebs research, this one might be counted as a correction.


As anyone who’s studied statistics should know, an extraordinary event is more likely to be followed by a rather more ordinary one. I am hoping this is just a temporary dip for Marmorkrebs research, and that in 2012, the upward trend will resume. And on a personal note, I look forward to carrying out the research funded by #SciFund in 2012!

In the larger crustacean realm, probably one of the most noteworthy news stories of the year was the publication of the first crustacean genome. But I keep wondering every time I hear about the advances of high throughput sequencing and how cheap and easy it’s getting... why don’t I have a crayfish genome yet? Grumble grumble grumble.

No comments: