12 June 2008

TCS 2008 review

Poster session view
This picture sort of sums up the Summer 2006 meeting of The Crustacean Society for me: all a bit of a blur. But I also put this up to show that you could see the ocean from the poster session.

My student Sakshi and I made the seven hour drive to Galveston, gave our poster, saw a couple of talks this morning (notably on cave biology -- cool stuff!), turned around and came back today. Whew!

The good news was that this quick trip up was definitely worth it. We got some feedback on the poster that may explain some puzzles we've had from one of the few people who had concrete information. And I met someone who specifically wanted to talk to me about some writing.

It only takes one thing to make a trip worthwhile, and I got two.

I had a bit of a bad moment when I walked into the room where the poster session was being held, and saw every space available was occupied by another poster. Decided to cover up an announcement temporarily to display the poster, as shown below.

TCS poster
Poster title redacted for security reasons.

Although I didn't have an opportunity to talk to anyone about Marmorkrebs during my brief cameo appearance, I did get a few ideas ideas for opportunities to do so.

No comments: