30 December 2008

2008 was the best year ever for Marmorkrebs research

Marmorkrebs publications graph
Scientific publications on Marmorkrebs are showing a promising trend, with 50% more papers this year than last.

Of course, it's not really fair to throw around phrases like "50% increase" when the numbers are still quite small. But I hope that in one year's time, I'll be able to say that 2009 was the best year ever for Marmorkrebs research. The graph above does not include two papers still in press, which means that we're up two papers for 2009 already. That puts us about a third of the way towards another record breaking year before it even starts!

Additional, 10 January 2009: I just realized that the graph I posted is slightly wrong. I somehow miscounted the number of papers in 2007. I know, I know... "He can't count to five?" Sorry. But in science, the best thing is always admit error and try to fix it.

The correct graph is to the right. 2008 saw a 20% increase in Marmorkrebs papers from the previous year, not 50%.

No comments: